New hairstyles and haircuts are a great way to change one’s look. Today not only women but also men are taking good care of their hairs and have a concept of attractiveness. They feel that they look attractive with a trendy hairstyle. Lots of trendy hairstyles for men have come up in the market and today hairstyles have become a very competitive market.
Fashion forms a complete cycle. The trend of rock disco hair again came up after 1970s. This is one the most popular male hairstyles. Hairs are flat with split in the middle. Another trend of 70s that have come up again is the style with short hairs on the top and in the front and long over the ears. Highlights have also become known in the previous years. Men color their hairs with one or two shades darker resulting in a streaked look.
There are some popular hairstyles for modern men that vary depending on the hair lengths. Hairstyles for men can be long, short, textured or super short and completely depends on facial shape, hair type and lifestyle. Bantu knots, crew cut, classic cut, brush cut, spikes, bowl cut, caesar cut, razor cut, induction cut, clipper cut are just a few names given to short hairstyles for men. Men with short hairs look sophisticated and classy.
Some of the most common trends in short hairstyles are:
- Bantu knot is a combination of twisted plaits and knots.
- Crew cut is a hair cut that is tapered at the sides and bottom and slightly long hair at the top.
- Classic cut is a very sporty haircut and was brought by US President Big Willy.
- Brush cut is a cut in which hair is cut in a manner that stands up as brushes or bristles.
- Spikes can be long or short depending on the taste of the individual. Hair is cut in a manner that stands up like spikes.
- Bowl cut is a style that comes by placing a bowl on the top of the head and then cutting off everything that protrudes out from the bowl.
- Caesar cut is a style known by the name of Julius Caesar.
- Razor cut refers to the technique of cutting hair using a razor.
- Twisted quiff is a cut that creates movement and height in an uneven manner. This hairstyle suits men with a small and round face.
- Induction cut is a hair cut that is done when a man enters the US armed forces.
There are hairstyles for men who prefer to keep medium length. The most popular hairstyle for medium length hairs is known as internationally messy or medium length hairstyles. This gives a very stylish look with hairs falling randomly on each other. Other hairstyles for medium length hair include:
- Layered cut that refers to cutting hair to form layers.
- Simple fall down style is a style with hairs simply falling down or parted with waves, ringlets or curls at the ends.
For styling longhairs men can either do pressing or apply light curls. Various other hairstyles that suit the best for long hairs are:
- Pony tail: Men either hold together all the hairs or tie a pony or a plait.
- Dimensional cut hairstyle is a heavy tapered cut with added texture.
- Blunt bob cut is a bob style cut with added texture at the ends for a neater look.
- Layered hairstyles is a cut with waves or layers.
Hairstyles also demand maintenance and care. Good shampoos, gels and conditioners can be used to maintain the style and give a healthy and fresh look ever.